Friday, May 15, 2009

Game 6 & 7

I had the wonderful opportunity to attend Game 6 and see a Ducks team that played as well as they should have. I won't dwell on that success we had in that game. I think Getzlaf played very well. So did Perry. If were Randy Carlyle I would make sure those two guys got some sort of boost in the discipline level though. I think that their bad timing penalties in this penalty cost us a game or two. Every Red Wings fan tells me "Ducks fans and players just whine." Sorry Detroit fans. You have the Lions. Talk about losing and whining. 

I won't keep talking about how stupid Ebbett's two penalties were in Game 6 and how it is incredibly lame that we had two bench minors. That's all over and we pulled off a win in that incredible awesome game. In fact we scored while I was critiquing the Ducks on what we should improve on and the girl in front of me turned around and said, all smarty like, "excuse me sir, no offense, but you were just talking bad about the team and then they scored so maybe you should keep doing it and then they will prove you wrong."

Um, thanks chick. I actually watch a lot of hockey, coach and consult in the hockey world, but we don't need to get into that. 

ebbettdetroit

Game 7. Ugh. What a bummer. Such a great comeback. We nearly had it. While some players can take the blame for what happened, those players had great nights other nights where the main guys didn't. The Ducks lost as a team. I do think that last goal will have an effect on Hiller. Hiller could have made a better save and he knew it. That's why he was madder than he had ever been after it was called a goal. I don't think we should trade Giguere until November to see how Hiller holds up. Most Ducks fans disagree. I will stand by that. 

This off season should be interesting. I am proud of our 8th seed team that most had written off to not even make the playoffs in February. I think Detroit will go on to repeat. After living in Michigan for five years of my life, I can say I am okay with that. Detroit is skilled. I respect the organization like no other. I think we just witnessed the real finals last night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment