Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sharks sink the Ducks.....again


I've stopped keeping track of each individual game and reporting back after four or five games have been played because that's how I feel about the Ducks this season. Instead of being consistent with reports, I feel slightly unorganized, and noticing only glimpse of seasonal play. The last two games are worth mentioning because I went to one of them in Phoenix, and also because the Ducks were pummeled to just one point in both games combined. I'm not sure where who to blame anymore. I've been saying all along that if the Ducks are going to trade someone big like Scotty, well then do it. Coach Randy is going no where, and will most likely be replaced during the off season, rather than being unceremoniously dumped in the middle. So why doesn't Murray do something? One theory is that he is waiting to see what the options once the official mid season break occurs. Maybe he wants to give the Ducks a chance to make a second surge as they've done in the past. The team currently sits nine points out of the 8th playoff spot, but at one point were only three. Then again, a nine point lead can be the most difficult nowadays especially with the parity that exists in the NHL. The next thing I've been wondering is how big of an impact a goalie coach can make. I guess when your team loses one of the greats, its bound to reflect how you play. I had no idea it would render Jiggy and Hiller virtually invisible in goal! It's like a bad joke played on the Ducks, when all off season, everyone kept wondering who would start, or who would be number one.....and now the answer is "what difference does it make?" Goal tending has been such a big pain in the behind for the Ducks that now no lead (albeit rare) is safe!!

So whats on the horizon for these Ducks? Well I hope everyone that's injured gets healed. I then hope everyone else in the NHL gets injured during the Olympics. I am looking forward to the Vancouver games. I hope the Ducks make a smart move that not only does not gut the team, but something we can cash in on immediately. I hope Selanne scores more, Whitney keeps his feet moving, Sexton scores more, we trade Bobby Ryan or Scott Neidermayer for something BIG, and finally that the second half of the season is one all the hockey papers will be talking about with regard to the Ducks!
Go Ducks!

No comments:

Post a Comment