Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Back in 1995

Thank you to the Montreal Canadiens for a great season. Yes, I wanted a Cup in Year 100 of their existence but with the way the season ended I was pretty sure it was going to be tough. Even tonight, I thought it would be best if I was ended of my misery instead of dreaming for one or two games.

I did have a little laugh when Carey Price made that simple save resulting in the crowd cheering "madly", then Price put both arms up in "recognition". We Hab fans remember about 14 years ago when a certain #33 was in the midst of an ugly game against the Red Wings and the same thing happened. That was the last night Patrick Roy wore a Habs jersey, and the Jocelyn Thibault era began shortly after (ouch).

The fans were also yelling "Carbo" for some reason. I don't know if Carbonneau would have gotten the Habs any further in the playoffs. Maybe it's time for a big shakeup on the team. Carey Price was once the goalie of the future, but perhaps Gainey made him the goalie of the present too soon. Will the fans forgive #23? What will the new ownership do?

Price's confidence is now shattered, and while Jaroslav Halak has shown signs of greatness, I don't think the fans would accept him as #1. It's not easy being the #1 goalie in Montreal, perhaps it's one of the toughest jobs in the world.

Oh if Jose Theodore would have only stayed away from Paris Hilton....

No comments:

Post a Comment