Friday, November 20, 2009

Good news; Bad news Ducks fans.....


First the bad news, the Ducks were shown the door against the Detroit Red Wings as well as Cup champion Penguins in a game that was horrible. It seems like the Ducks are stuck on reverse, because no matter how many things they do well, they take two steps back literally! One thing I've noticed is that in both loses, the Ducks would have some sort of control for a limited amount of time before imploding drastically. That brings me to the good news: The Ducks Won last night! The only highlights from the game are Cory Perry maintaining his scoring streak and unfortunately, Scott Niedermayer. I say this begrudgingly because there were reportedly six scouts at last nights game, and since Scott was clutch as usual, I fear that his days in a Ducks uniform are coming to an end. See, if the Ducks weren't in the conference basement, I wouldn't be having this conversation right now. As time passes, and as the Olympic break gets closer though, the Ducks do not look like playoff team this early in the season. So, I can Bob Murray pulling the trigger on a deal that would build for next season. The good news, is that the Ducks have alot of young talent signed for the next year or two, or three. So that makes us a contending team for that long. So, either make futile effort (based on the teams' inconsistency) to make the playoffs, or get the most out of a Scotty or Jiggy, or Koivu, or Teemy trade. I for one am a Ducks fan to the end, so I always say, "Don't worry, we'll be OK as long as we make it to the playoffs!" As of this writing though, I say pull the trigger, Bob....we need some fresh blood!
Go Ducks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment