Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Code Blue: Leafs Wake Up to Thump Ducks!!!



I was prepared to talk about our victory today and how it would help to build morale, and how it must suck for Burke to come to Anaheim and lose with the Leafs...like I said, I was preparing for that. Instead, I sat in class as the updates were being sent to my phone, and saw one by one, as the Ducks kept sinking. I saw text messages that read 3-2 Leafs at the 2ND intermission. Then 4-2, then 5-2, then I read "Hat Trick!" Finally the leafs got 6 goals off the Ducks. All I could do was smile and think of course we lost.


It made sense that we would lose to a team that is fighting to find it's identity, because we are a team that has lost its own. A few years ago, the Ducks were Stanley Cup champions. This year, we would be lucky if we finish 10Th in our conference. The Ducks are in a state of crisis right now, and I do not know what is causing this. I read someone made a comment somewhere that the Ducks seem to be thinking of the Olympics and have forgotten about the NHL. Maybe. When a team has so much talent as the Ducks do and aren't performing to their full potential, something is wrong. Bob Murray has to play detective once again, and must find the source of the bleeding and stop it before the Ducks go from critical, to terminally ill. I'm a Duck fan to the end, I just did not expect to the get this close to the end...so fast.

Go Ducks!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    This is really a well written blog. I've been reading quite a bit of your content lately. As it goes I own and operate http://www.TheReedReview.com and we're currently looking for writers. We'd certainly be interested in bringing you in if you are interested. Give me a shout back if you are.
    admin@thereedreview.com

    Cheers,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete