Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Game 2: Ducks Lose to Wild


I didn't see the entire game, I was coming back from a call and was actually pleased to turn on the radio in the 2nd intermission to hear that the Ducks were winning 3-0. Steve Carrol sounded awfully confident and rightly so, I mean you would literally have to implode to lose that lead right? The last thing I heard Steve say was "unless something goes terribly wrong, the Ducks are on their way to their first victory of the season."

Well Mr. Carrol, have you forgotten who you're talking about? These are my Anaheim Ducks. This is the team that gets bored when they have a lead, and like to make things more interesting by giving up 4 unanswered goals. This is the team that likes to take penalties when its 4 on 4 in over time and lose the game winning goal with just minutes before going to shoot out.

I suppose I could sit here and start picking on individual players and say cruel things about their health or families, but I won't do that this year. This year I have pledged my allegiance to my team regardless of the outcome. I bleed Ducks Orange to the end! Win or Lose!

Yes, this is my team and I stick with them until the end. I said in an earlier blog that for some reason, even if the Ducks make it to the post season, it's never a pretty sight. I do believe the 2009-2010 season will be no different. It's only game two of the new season and we have more points than Detroit (even if we only have 1 and they have 0) but you have to look at the positives right? Well, I am positive there will be a game three and the Ducks will play in it, but that's about all I am certain of right now.

Go Ducks!
-----------------------------------

In other NHL news, I read tonight that Brad May just signed a 1 year deal with the Detroit RedWings which made them a tougher team in terms of PIM's and more fun when we face them in the playoffs! Nice job May Day!! See you in April.

TORO




No comments:

Post a Comment