Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NYR Blog 10/12/09

A MAN WHO NEEDS NO INTRODUCTION...

Well I am going to do an introduction anyway. Hello fellow hockey fans and blog readers. My name is John Z and you guessed it I am a blogger. As a hockey fan for my whole life. I worked up quite a resume and known to be a fanatic when It comes the coolest sport on earth literally. Well maybe besides curling but I am not going to get into that. I am a big ranger fan who is a season ticket holder for 12 seasons now in Section 341. I play ice hockey since I was 3 years old and a little bit of roller hockey. I have met and play with NHLers such as Higgins and Raffi Torres. I am a rumor freak when it comes to Free Agency and Trade Deadline. I always stay on top on the rangers and always look for answers. Anywho enough about me. *clears throat* and the moment we all been waiting for. My first blog and here...we..go!


CAN I GET THE SAFFRON DEL ZOTTO...

Do we have a puck moving defenseman finally? Well by the looks of it MDZ, 19 years old, is making a statement already in the NHL. In 5 games, Del Zotto already has 2 goals, 3 assists and 4 pp points. If he keeps this up John Tavares Calder Trophy hopes can be kissed goodbye. It has been said the rangers would keep him up for 9 games and send him back to juniors to avoid a cap hit but Del Zotto has a say in it and hes showing on the ice. From being drafted two years ago almost making the team last year and Turning heads this year, you only have to think all good things about him. He has speed and great puck moving skills on the power play and everyone knows Rangers need help in that Department. Your blueline always will reflect on the Power Play. And now the rangers are scoring on the PP must mean one thing. Michael Del Zotto is the man( or boy) making it happen. Kudos to the youngster.


THE LINE IN THE SAND...

That line has been crossed so many time by Roszival in a short amount of time. From personal experience talking to the guy, very nice guy to talk to but I dont watch this team to make friends, I want hockey players. Torts system is way too fast for him and when he hears poke check, he shakes in his skates. Tortorella already sat him in the Caps games for the turnover by Semin which led into a goal. Tortorella will not put up with any bull Roszival will pull this year. If he keeps this up, the hour glass is almost up.


ITS A POWER PLAY GOAL???

Well the words us ranger fans all been waiting for..."Its a Power Play goal!!!" Why you say? As I said in the Del Zotto piece, the blueline dictates the PP. Look at Pittsburgh, Malkin, Gonchar, Letang. Look at Detroit, Lidstrom, Rafalski. 9 times out of 10 all these players are involve with a PP goal is scored. Now the rangers PP is working the same reason all good PP's work. Kotalik's slap shot helps alot to get the puck to the net. Del Zotto and Gilroy puck moving skills runs smoothly and they keep it in the zone. Girardi's smart hockey skills also give the PP a strong point. We can mention the offense with Gaborik Drury, Higgins, etc. In the end the Blueline is the most important on the Power Play.


Hope you enjoyed my blog. Send any questions to nyrjz341@yahoo.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment