Sunday, October 11, 2009

Game 4: DUCKS WIN; SPECIAL CAMEO BY THREE-MU SELANNE



It's not often when I apologize for something, so why start now! The Ducks walked into Philly and stole 2 points, and quite frankly that's what they should do everywhere they go. I wasn't sitting in front of a TV watching the game, but every now and then I'd sneak a peek to see what was going on. All I remember thinking was that at the 2nd intermission it said Philly 2-0 and I thought "it's over." To my surprise I later heard they tied it then another update said they won! I could not believe my ears.

Five hours later, I sat down and watched the game on my DVR and noticed something odd about every goal the Ducks scored....they were all done by TEEMU! That's when the symptoms set in; my hands and feet got cold....I broke out in a cold sweat...and felt nauseous...I thought I was going to die, then I realized what was wrong: I was in shock because TEEMU showed up to play!



It's a strange phenomenon that's caused by severe distress and unfamiliarity to an event that only happens once in a blue moon (referred to as a miraculous event).I looked up the medical and psychological encyclopedias to get a more accurate name for what I was experiencing and then I found it: Faulty Finnish-itis. In other words, TEEMU (who happens to be from Finland) has a faulty connection in his playing skills that prevents him from playing this good everyday. So, the viewing audience is held captive waiting for the "good" TEEMU to appear and put up a hockey clinic like he did against Philly.


In the end who cares, I now have a diagnosis and the Ducks won. Who could ask for anything more? At least now I know not to expect TEEMU to be this good in the next game, and count the days before I see the "good" TEEMU appear again, or as I now refer to him :THREE-MU SELANNE!
GO DUCKS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment